Friday 26 October 2012


Welcome to the 1st proper blog from me as Handmade Cards Shop


As promised (well to myself anyway) - this will be a regular blog to link in with the launch of this new website. Wondering what to say in this first one, I thought maybe it would be good to tell you a bit about myself and why this is so exciting!

So here goes....
Though this is a new website, I have had many years of experience in Marketing and selling - from my time working for the UK Labour Party first in their Bookshop and then in their Marketing department to selling lots of stuff on Ebay and other smaller websites and now work for a well known charity in their Marketing department dealing with things that I have to more or less fallen into without really thinking. Anyway...

I have always enjoyed making things - I remember making paper clothes for paper dolls when young and then making items for my Dolls House - and I still have that (along with a collection of Sylvanian Family dolls but that is another story totally!)... Anyway, back to the plot - recently I have rediscovered my love of making and designing things - from abstract designs (heaven knows what goes inside my head) to images for cards etc - so I thought (and hoped) that other people might like them too.. I think because there is little creativity in my job I am trying to get some back into what I do outside!

My daughter despite being away from home, is my best critic and exponent of my cards at the moment - she has got her friends involved too so that has prompted me to find an easy way of selling them - so hence Handmade Cards Shop! I also love all the craft items that you can use and am planning to sell them through my Crafty Gift Shopping website and show off (not literally) my designs through Fizzy Designs website - heavens so much to do!
Noel Christmas Card £2.25 inc p&p
Right - that is enough for now - will be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment